Problems with Google Apps
This domain has already been registered with Google Apps. Please contact your domain administrator for instructions on using Google Apps with this domain…
I signed up a while ago with Google Apps for a website I’ve been developing on and off for over a year now. It’s one of those projects that I’m doing in my spare time, it’s destined to become quite a big website as it’s an online auction site and there’s rather a lot of work to do on it. Couple that with me being a perfectionist as well as having other projects that have come along that have taken precident over the development of this site and boom – a year and a half later it still isn’t finished.
However, coming back to it after quite some time off it and I’m looking at getting email for this domain working with Google Apps. I think I had set this up before, because if I try to create a new Google Apps account for this domain I get this error:
“This domain has already been registered with Google Apps. Please contact your domain administrator for instructions on using Google Apps with this domain.”
Ok, well that’s good. I realise that I must have set it up when I was last working on this project – Therefore to access the email’s for this domain the URL should be https://www.google.com/a/mydomainname.com/
When I visit that URL I get the following error:
It’s now Catch 22 time. “You can’t create that domain because it already exisit and you can’t access that domain because it doesn’t exist…”
Normally an error such as this just takes a little bit of digging on the Internet to find out how to fix this problem – However this is Google itself we’re talking about and as you know Google have about 10^28 support pages – none of which have the correct answer.
Also anyone who has ever attempted to try to actually speek to a human being from Google will know that they are utterly impossible to get a hold of. Attempting to contact any Google employee is more difficult than than tracking down Lord Lucan, contacting the gunman on the grassy knoll, getting an autograph from the Lochness Monster, having dinner with an Alien from another Universe or discovering a simple solution to anti-gravity.
If anyone – and I mean anyone knows how I could find a solution to this problem I would be very grafeful indeed so please, please leave a comment below.
Powered by Facebook Comments
- Sign up google apps FREE edition
- RE: Google: Enterprise business profitable; Says email migration ‘proof points’ building
- Google Webmaster Tools
- How to add GMail to your domain.
- Don’t know how to access Google Analytics – Link vanished!
- “Increase Google Page Rank” It’s official – I now hate Google.
- Windows 2008 wireless networking problems
Leave a Reply
- WordPress Contact Form 7 & WP-Mail-SMTP problem solved
- How to take Ownership of a Drive, Folder or File in Windows 7
- The environment variable Home is not set (Solved)
- Excel 2007 sort columns & rows data.
- Failed to initialize OpenGL (Checklist)
- Android SDK Manager won’t start (Solved)
- Creating a Drupal 6 custom login form – Step by Step tutorial.
- Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0 or 6.0. Found ’1.7′ instead. Please use Android Tools > Fix Project Properties.
- IIS7 – No HTTP redirect icon
- WordPress widgets not saving or dragging?
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- June 2008