WP Mail SMTP Settings for GMail.
If you get the error – Unable to find the socket transport “tls” when trying this, you might also see the message: Did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
The quick answer is YES you did. You will need to edit your PHP.ini file which you should find in the root folder of your PHP install, in my case c:\Program Files\PHP
Edit this file and search for the text OPENSSL.dll, uncomment this line (a comment is a ; so just delete it) I restarted my server to restart the PHP service (there might be a better way of doing this without restarting the server, but I couldn’t be botherd to search for a solution).
I’m using the latest WordPress 2.8 (as of June 2009). I’m trying to get it to send email from posts and forms to send through my GMail account. How do I do this?
Getting this to work is stonking. It means you can have the google servers send email for you from anywhere in the World and not being tied to any particular ISP you can change the hosting for your blog without making any changes to your setup. Perfect for the traveling blogger or blogger-on-the-run.
First you need to work with this plug-in, it’s easy to setup and works a treat. You can download it from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/
Once you have that installed and activated (I activated this plug-in and got an error message which I refreshed the page and it then seemed ok)
Next I filled in the correct details but on sending a test email I got the error: Unable to find the socket transport “tls” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
Which I fixed by just uncommenting the OPENSSL.dll line in PHP.ini
I had some useful help from here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=527077
Many thanks, it set me in the right direction.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Leave a Reply
- WordPress Contact Form 7 & WP-Mail-SMTP problem solved
- How to take Ownership of a Drive, Folder or File in Windows 7
- The environment variable Home is not set (Solved)
- Failed to initialize OpenGL (Checklist)
- Excel 2007 sort columns & rows data.
- Android SDK Manager won’t start (Solved)
- Creating a Drupal 6 custom login form – Step by Step tutorial.
- Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0 or 6.0. Found ’1.7′ instead. Please use Android Tools > Fix Project Properties.
- IIS7 – No HTTP redirect icon
- 7129/6105195 Edward Leedskalnin’s anti-gravity – How he built Coral Castle.
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- June 2008